The Netgear xr700 is a pro gaming router with high-performance hardware and the fastest 60GHz 802.11ad WiFi technology. This article will teach you the process of Netgear nighthawk setup and Netgear firmware update. Let us tell you, setting up a Netgear pro gaming router is a very easy task because of the latest improvements in the software and hardware. The Netgear pro gaming router combines advanced gaming software with 1.7GHz quad-core processor making it ideal for streamers and gamers. So without any further ado, let’s have a look at the process.
Netgear Nighthawk Setup
Walking through this section will make you understand the Netgear Nighthawk setup process. We have put down some of the basic instructions to explain you how to set up the Netgear pro gaming router.
1. Netgear Nighthawk login
This is the very first stage in the Netgear Nighthawk setup process. You need to get into the Netgear XR 700 router to configure its settings.
- For Netgear nighthawk login, make sure your router is connected to the modem and the computer.
- Go to the computer and open one of your favorite web browsers.
- Visit the Netgear Nighthawk login page. Enter the web address routerlogin.net into the address bar.
- Now the browser will take you to the Netgear Nighthawk login page where you will see the login window prompting you to enter the admin username and password.
- Enter the admin login credentials as follows:
Username: adminPassword: password
- Click Submit to access the Netgear pro gaming router homepage.
2. Netgear Nighthawk Setup
Now comes the second stage of setting up the Netgear XR 700 router.
- Once you visit the Netgear XR 700 homepage, look for the Wireless tab on the left panel.
- Click the Wireless tab and Netgear nighthawk setup wizard window will appear on your screen.
- Click the Start button and the setup wizard will start guiding you through the steps in order to set up the Netgear pro gaming router.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and your wireless router will be set up successfully.
Now that you have completed the setup process, let your router reboot. This will take a few moments. Reconnect to your router and check whether the router is connected to the Internet or not.
Netgear firmware update
Now let’s talk about the Netgear firmware update. Updating the firmware allows your router to fix the previous bugs. Once you upgrade the firmware of the router, you will experience performance enhancements and other network improvements. Below given are the instructions that will help you in the Netgear firmware update process.
- To upgrade the firmware of your wireless router, you first need to download the appropriate firmware.
- Visit the Netgear Nighthawk official firmware website and enter the model number of your router into the search bar.
- You will see the appropriate firmware version for your router. Click on the version icon and then click the Download icon to download the file to your computer.
- Now log into your Netgear XR 700 router and navigate to the Administrative section.
- After this, you will see the admin window where you can see the Browser tab.
- Click the Browser tab and select the firmware file you downloaded earlier.
- After you update the firmware file, let the router process the file.
Now that you have uploaded the firmware file to the router’s web-based interface, let your router upgrade its firmware version.
After the router reboots, reconnect to it and check whether the router is connected to the Internet or not. You will definitely experience performance enhancements and bug fixes.
So this article was all about the Netgear Nighthawk setup and Netgear firmware update. We hope that this article helped you in the setting up of your Netgear pro gaming router. In case you face an issue while attempting to set up the router or update its firmware version, give us a call on our 24 x 7 Toll-Free number and we will be more than happy to assist you on the same. Thank you for reading this article.