NETGEAR Nighthawk R8300
The NETGEAR Nighthawk R8300 Wi-Fi Router is considered to be the next generation in Wi-Fi with Tri-Band Quad Stream efficiency. This router delivers combined Wi-Fi speeds of up to 5.3 Gbps. This router has four internal antennas which are combined with four external antennas which intensifies and maximizes your network’s Wi-Fi range. The NETGEAR Nighthawk has a powerful 1.4 GHz dual-core processor which gives you a highly efficient networking engine for faster connections.
Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router
The Tri-Band Wi-Fi technology delivers a great combined wireless speed of up to 5.3Gbps on the NETGEAR Nighthawk R8300 router. This router uses the Smart Connect feature to optimize efficiency by exceptionally assigning every internet connected device to the fastest Wi-Fi band possible and doing so allows devices to connect at their greatest speed.
Dynamic Quality of Service
Dynamic Quality of Service identifies the online activities by the application and device you use and then uses bandwidth allocation and traffic prioritization techniques to automatically allocate more bandwidth to applications which are currently getting less bandwidth like online gaming and streaming videos, while even assuring that lower priority applications continue to work at the same pace.
Each and every new generation of routers that are launched in the market grows more powerful than the last, hence delivering stronger Wi-Fi signals with a stronger range. The NETGEAR Nighthawk R8300 router has four external active antennas which are combined with four internal antennas to maximize range and coverage.
Attach Even More devices
The NETGEAR Nighthawk R8300 has Six Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports which allow you to attach even more wired devices. The two of six Gigabit Ethernet ports on the router can be assembled to double the connection strength to a NAS device for 4K High Definition streaming.
Multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology
With Multi-User MIMO technology NETGEAR Nighthawk R8300 router can stream data to multiple internet connected devices concurrently.
Secure Cloud Storage via USB
With the NETGEAR Nighthawk R8300 router you can simply share your files stored on a USB Drive through Readycloud USB access. You just need to plug in your USB hard drive into your router to create secure personal cloud storage.
- In order to set up the NETGEAR Nighthawk R8300 router first and foremost, you need to make sure that the router is receiving power by checking if the power LED is lit.
- Find and select the Wi-Fi network on your desktop, laptop or whichever Wi-Fi device you are using.
- The Wi-Fi network name and password is mentioned on the router’s label. You need to select the Wi-Fi network and put in the Wi-Fi password.
- Your device will automatically connect to the NETGEAR router. Once your router is connected you can try connecting your other devices as well.
How do you get the latest firmware on a NETGEAR Nighthawk R8300 router?
During the installation process through the NETGEAR genie interface, the router accesses the NETGEAR website for the latest firmware and automatically installs it. In addition to this, the NETGEAR Nighthawk router user interface also supports automatic firmware upgrade. The automatic firmware upgrade will always check for the latest firmware on the NETGEAR website every time you log into the router.
How do you restore the NETGEAR Nighthawk R8300 to factory default settings?
- You can use a paper clip or a sharp pointed object to press and hold the Reset button, for at least 25-30 seconds. The Reset button is located on the back end of the router.
- When you release the Reset button the power light on the router starts blinking amber. Once the reset is complete the router will reboot itself.
- After the factory default settings are restored, you can access the router from your internet browser using the default username and password. The default username and password are case sensitive.
How can you update the router firmware using the NETGEAR genie software?
- Launch the NETGEAR genie software and click on Router settings. On the Router Settings page, you need to type in default username and password for the router. The username and password are case-sensitive.
- After logging in, you will be redirected to the Wireless Settings of your router and you need to click on router update.
- If there is no firmware update available for your router, this message will show up stating that you have the latest firmware. If the genie detects a new firmware for your router, it will show you the information about it.
- The NETGEAR genie login page will say that the firmware check is completed and it will provide the instructions on how to manually update the firmware. It will also automatically open an internet browser that will show you the NETGEAR router login page.
- The NETGEAR router will download the new firmware and it will automatically upload the latest firmware once it is finished with the download process.