Whenever you switch on the Netgear router, normally, the Internet LED blinks amber for about 20 seconds and then turns into green or white. If this LED does not turn green or white or you get internet light blinking orange on your Netgear router for a long time then it indicates that there is no internet connectivity between Netgear wireless router and modem.
This article will guide you on “How do you fix an orange light on a Netgear router?” You can fix this problem by using different methods. So let’s go ahead and follow the steps given below:
How do you fix an orange light on a Netgear router?
- First of all, you have to reboot your Netgear router. Turn off the Netgear router and then turn it on back to check the status of the Internet LED if it turns green or white.
- Now you need to confirm that you are getting the internet connection from your ISP. For this, connect your modem directly to the computer by using the Ethernet cable to access the internet.
- Sometimes, you may have Netgear router blinking orange due to wrong cable connections between the router and modem.
- Now you need to check the connections between your router and the modem. If your router is not connected properly to the modem with the Ethernet cable then the router will not able to find the IP address from the modem.
- If you find the Ethernet cable faulty, you should replace the cable.
- You have to confirm which IP connection you have. Set your computer IP address, Default Gateway and Subnet mask to static.
- You can do the Mac cloning; it is required so that your modem can serve the internet to the router.
- To know how to do Mac Cloning, dial our toll-free no or chat live with us.
- Netgear router with outdated firmware may cause the Netgear router blinking orange issue if you are using old Netgear router.
- So you have to update the firmware of your Netgear router. If you want to know how to update the Netgear firmware then you can contact us at our toll-free no.
- If the problem still persists after following the above steps then you have to reset the Netgear router to its factory default settings.
- For this, press and hold the Reset button which is placed on your router for at least 10 seconds.
- After reset, turn ON the device and try to set up your netgear router once again.
- Once you have reset the Netgear router successfully, you need to set up your router once again.
In this article, you got to know “How do you fix an orange light on a Netgear router?” We hope now your device is working fine. If all the following steps do not resolve the Netgear router blinking orange issue, it could be the hardware issue. If so, you need to replace your Netgear router. If you need any further assistance, dial our toll-free no or chat live with us.