It is necessary to change the account password of your router at regular intervals in order to secure your router and home network. If you are searching for “How can I reset my Netgear router password?” then today we are going to explain to you how to change or reset your Netgear router password.
Netgear router has a user-friendly web- interface that can be accessed by using login credentials, default web or IP address along with netgear router login password. Once you log into the netgear router setup page by using the default login password, it would allow you to address the issues like “forgot netgear password”, reset netgear router, www.routerlogin.net change password and much more.
Keep reading the following article to know “How can I reset my Netgear router password?”
How can I reset my Netgear Router Password?
If your netgear router login password has changed or you have forgotten your password then follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, connect your modem’s LAN port to the port of your Netgear router by using an Ethernet cable and then connect it to your PC.
- After setting up a wired or wireless connection, launch the web browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) on your PC and enter default IP address or web address www.routerlogin.net in browser’s address bar.
- Now you need to enter the default user name and password to access the Netgear router login page.
- For this, select ‘Admin’ option at the login screen and enter your admin password.
- Once you access the web configuration page of the Netgear router, click ‘Setup’ option.
- Next, go to the ‘Settings’ and then select the ‘wireless settings ‘option.
- Now, you can access the netgear router login password that you will use for login to the Netgear configuration page.
- Next, click ‘Security Mode’ in Wireless settings sub menu and enable ‘WPA2 Wireless Security’ to protect your home network.
- Then go to ‘Pre-shared Key’ option and enter the password that you want to set.
- Further, type the password again in the ‘Confirm Password’ field and enter.
- Once you have done, save all the settings by clicking the ‘Save’ option.
- You can also select the “Enable Password Recovery” checkbox and click “Apply” if you want to be able to recover the password.
- By following the above steps, you have successfully reset the Netgear password. Click “Login” to log back into the router with your new password.
We hope you got the answer for your query “How can I reset my Netgear router password?” If you need any further assistance on related topics like reset netgear router, forgot netgear password etc. dial our toll-free no or chat live with us.